For the most part, May was a really good reading month for me, things got a little bit slumpy towards the end of the month, but I managed to pull things back. I’m hoping to have a similarly good reading month in June, it’s time to make a dent in my unread books. I managed to read pretty much all the books on May’s TBR, so this month I’m being a little more ambitious.
First off, I’m going to finish the books that I’ve already started reading. I never used to read multiple books at the same time, but now I find it much more efficient, as long as the books are all in different formats, physical, eBook audio-book etc. These are three very different books, and I’m enjoying them all in different ways.
- A Conjuring of light – So far this is pretty intense, so intense that I took a little break from it. This doesn’t mean that I’m not enjoying the book, I am, and I’m really interested in seeing where this book goes. I have a feeling this book may destroy me.
- The Star-Touched Queen – I started this on a long car journey, while I was feeling a little slumpy. It has been on my TBR for almost a year, and I can’t believe it took me so long to pick up. I love it already, the writing is so beautiful.
- Juniper Lemon’s Happiness Index – This is an e-ARC from netgalley that I only just got around to starting, but I’m really enjoying it. I’m already over half way though. I expect to finish this one fairly quickly; a review will follow.
After I finish those books I would like to get to as many of the books on this list as possible, I’m going to challenge myself this month.
- None of the Above – I’ve heard great things about this book, and I’ve been really enjoying reading more contemporary YA books of late.
- Every Heart A Doorway – I’ve heard truly wonderful things about this book. I love the idea of finding out what happens to children after they return from visiting magical worlds. Also I believe this book has an Asexual character, which I am really looking forward to.
- Uprooted – This is a book that has been on my TBR for far too long, and summer is a great time to read fantasy books.
- Queens of Geek – I bought this as a present to myself when I was feeling sad, I’m hoping that reading this book will bring me some joy this month.
- The Waking Land – The publisher kindly sent me a finished copy for review, and I am so excited to dive into this book. It sounds really interesting and as I’ve said before, summer is the perfect time to escape to new worlds.
- Labyrinth Lost – It’s past time I got to this. I’m making it my mission to make time for books that have been on my TBR for a long time, and this is one of the books that has been haunting me, because I’m fairly sure that I’ll really enjoy it.
Have you read any of these books? Enjoyed them? As always, I’d love to hear about it in the comments.
Want to chat, places you can find me: