I was going to do one big post of all the books coming out in 2017, but that list started getting long very quickly so I decided to split it up. This is the list of sequels coming out in 2017 that I am excited for, another list with new releases that aren’t sequels will follow shortly.
- Traitor to the Throne – By Alwyn Hamilton – (Rebel of the Sands #2)
Released: 2nd February 2017 (UK)
I devoured Rebel of the Sands over the course of two days and instantly wanted to reread it. I really enjoyed it and since then I have been eagerly anticipating the sequel, I’m looking forward to diving back into this world. From what those lucky enough to receive ARCs have been saying, it’s going to be amazing. Also, how gorgeous is this cover (I have to admit Rebel of the Sands was a cover buy – and so worth it).
- Starfall – By Melissa Landers (Starflight #2)
Released: 7th February 2017
I loved Starflight. It had some of my favourite elements (space travel, hate to love, crew of misfits, space pirates) all in a fun, well written package. I’ve been looking forward to this book ever since. I’m always looking for more books set in space!
- A Conjuring of Light – By V.E. Schwab – (Shades of Magic #3)
Released: 21st February 2017
I’ve actually already pre-ordered this, that’s how much I’m looking forward to this book. Set in a world where there are four parallel Londons and following a character who uses blood magic to travel between worlds! Not to mention all the other wonderful characters and the magics being used. There is so much to love about this series.
- The Song Rising – By Samantha Shannon – (The Bone Season #3)
Released: 7th March 2017
Another book that I pre-ordered months ago. I read ‘The Bone Season’ last year and really enjoyed it. I plan to reread The Bone Season and get to ‘The Mime Order’ before this is released (hopefully I’ll find the time). I loved the world building in the first book and was fascinated by all the different types of clairvoyance .
- A Court of Wings and Ruin – By Sarah J Maas – (ACOTAR #3)
Released: 2nd May 2017
I have been anticipating this since the dramatic cliffhanger ending of A Court of Mist and Fury. Things escalated quickly at the end of the last book and I was left desperately wanting to know what happens next. I hope ‘A Court of Wings and Ruin’ lives up to the groundwork laid in ‘ACOMAF’.
- Our Dark Duet – By Victoria Schwab (Monsters of Verity #2)
Released: 13th June 2017
I enjoyed This Savage Song, I loved how the idea that violence creates actual monsters was developed and how appropriate that message is in today’s society. I especially liked that there was no romance plot between the two main characters – sometimes a story does not need a romance and that’s okay.
I also want to mention the as yet untitled sequels that I will undoubtedly be picking up at some point over the course of 2017.
- Throne of Glass #6 – By Sarah J. Maas – (Released: September 2017) – I’m really interested to see how this series will wrap up.
- The Illuminae Files #3 – By Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff (Released: TBC 2017) – Both Illuminae and Gemina surprised me and kept me hooked from beginning to end so I’m excited to see if that trend continues with book 3.
- The Graces #2 – By Laure Eve (Released TBC) – While I had mixed feelings about The Graces (I enjoyed it, but it triggered my anxiety – my review is here if you want to know more), the ending did leave with things headed in an interesting direction and I’m definitely curious enough that I’ll be picking this up when it is released.
There will probably be more, there are some series I’ve been meaning to start which have sequels coming out in 2017, but as I’ve not read the first books, I’ve left them off the list for now. 2017 is probably going to strain my bank account with so many great books due to be released. Hopefully it’ll be a good reading year!