Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly list hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks theme is Top Ten books recently added to your TBR (to be read) list. Since my TBR has been getting a bit out of hand, this theme felt perfect for me.
- Labyrinth Lost – By Zoraida Córdova – Add the amount of love this book has been getting online to the fact that is about witches. Specifically Alex, the most powerful bruja in a generation, she hates magic and casts a spell to rid herself of her powers which backfires. This is a story enriched in Latinx culture and features a bisexual main character, and I just can’t wait to read it.
- Three Dark Crowns – By Kendare Blake – There has been quite a lot of buzz surrounding this books release, and the premise seems different from anything I’ve read before.
- Metaltown – By Kristen Simmons – “Metaltown, where factories rule, food is scarce, and hope is in short supply.” This book came as part of my October Fairyloot box, and while I had never heard of this before this box, I am looking forward to reading this.
- The Bone Witch – By Rin Chupeco – I’m noticing an unintentional theme in that several of these books are about witches. This one follows a girl who finds out she has a gift for necromancy. The Bone Witch is set to me released early March 2017 and I’ll definitely be looking into picking up a copy.
- The Circle (Engelfors #1) – By Sara Bergmark Elfgren &Mats Strandberg – this book follows six school girls who find out that they are witches. I’ve heard good things from a number of people so I picked up a second hand copy of the first book, I hope that I can read it soon.
- Iron Cast – By Destiny Soria – Set in Boston, 1919, following hemopaths, whose “afflicted” blood gives them the ability to create illusions through art. This book definitely seems to be playing with some unique ideas.
- Of Fire and Stars – By Audrey Coulthurst – to be completely honest I wanted to read this from the moment I heard that it was about two princesses who fall in love.
- The Young Elites – By Marie Lu – I recently read legend, and I liked it well enough, but this series seems more my speed and since the final book just came out, I hope to give it a read soon.
- The Night Circus – By Erin Morgenstern – I feel like everyone has read this book, so I finally picked up a copy. From what people say about it, I’m expecting something pretty special.
- The Lies of Locke Lamora – By Scott Lynch – I’ve heard so many great things about this book, and I recently got a copy, I just need to find the time to read it.
Have you read any of these books? What did you think? If you have any recommendations for me, please feel free to leave them in the comments. Hope you have a good day.