Today’s topic is “Series You Want to Start Next Year”
Narrowing down this list was a little tricky, and putting them in order was more difficulty but I did my best, so here goes.
- The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater – I’ve been hearing so many good things about this series just lately, and I recently picked up the first book. Also with the first three books already out and the fourth on the way in a few months I won’t have to worry about waiting ages to find out what happens next. And the covers are gorgeous.
- The Winners Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski – Another series that I’ve heard nothing but good things about (besides the controversial cover change). With the last book being released in 2016, it seems like the perfect time to get started. I’ve already got the first book in anticipation.
- The Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness – I have heard so many great things about this trilogy, and I hope that next year is the year I read it. This year I’ve been quite good at catching up with and completing series and I hope to continue the trend in 2016, so the fact that this trilogy is already complete is a big plus..
- Avalon by Mindee Arnett – Since reading Illuminae I’ve been going through a bit of a space obsession, and this seems right up that alley. I’ve heard quite a few good things about this two book series, including comparisons to firefly (which I absolutely love). Its been on my wish list all year and I think I will have to get round to it pretty soon.
- The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss – This year it seems like absolutely everyone has been telling me to read this series. I’ve put it off so long because the size was intimidating (I’m dyslexic and I get self-conscious about how long it takes me to read some bigger books) but I’ve been working on that this year. I’m fairly sure I will love this series once I get into it.
I really hope I get round to all these next year, but I am a bit of a mood reader so it could all change, this is just where I am right now.